The Rural Housing loan is a federal program offered through the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). It is designed to help borrowers with low-to-moderate income obtain home financing in specified rural areas. The program has an upfront guarantee fee of 1.0% (which can be financed into the loan) and a low monthly mortgage insurance premium. This is a great loan for those seeking financing in a rural area. Income and property location restrictions apply- see below for more details.
- Available for properties in specified rural areas (click here to see eligibility map)
- No down payment required
- Flexible qualification guidelines
- Financing up to 103.5% of the appraised value
- Requires up-front guarantee premium & low rate monthly mortgage insurance
- Maximum income limits vary by county (click here for details)